Ways to Help Balance Your Hormones NaturallyAugust 27, 2018 August 27, 2018
As you age, your hormone levels start to decline, causing changes in mood, health problems, and weight issues. While hormone imbalances may be normal for people of a certain age, that doesn’t mean you have to accept it! There are ways to help restore that hormone imbalance. Here are just a few of them.
- Eat lots of protein: Protein helps manage the production of hormones that regulate your appetite, helping you feel full sooner, allowing you to regulate your weight better.
- Exercise more: Working out can help regulate your insulin levels. Studies have found that exercise helped to reduce insulin levels and increase the levels of a hormone with anti-inflammatory properties. As you age, hormones such as testosterone decrease, but physical activity may help boost these hormone levels, improving your strength and maintain muscle mass.
- Sleep well: Getting those 8 hours of sleep is crucial for your body to release hormones as you rest, allowing for a better balance of insulin and cortisol levels, as well as ensuring the steady release of growth hormones as you rest.
- Keep your gut health: Probiotic foods such as yogurt, kimchi, kombucha, and sauerkraut are important to regulate your mood, boost your immune system, improve metabolism, and keep your blood sugar levels well-balanced. How do probiotics do all this? With hormones! Estrogen, cortisol, insulin, leptin, and testosterone levels are all influenced by the consumption of probiotics in positive ways.
- Drink less coffee: Caffeine can cause your adrenal glands to produce more cortisol. This is known as the stress hormone and it’s the reason why caffeine gives you that extra burst of energy to keep you going. However, this overproduction is also the cause of sleep problems, fatigue, and even weight gain. Cut back on the coffee to keep your body balanced and calm.
At John Hart’s clinic, our clinic offers Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy, which helps balance your hormones by addressing any decline with a restoration in hormone levels. BHRT uses hormones derived from natural plant chemicals, so that you are balancing your hormones naturally. Every patient is unique and we tailor our therapy to each individual’s needs and desired outcomes.
Contact us at today to book a consultation to learn how hormone therapy can help you at any stage of your life.