Maintaining Your Sexual HealthJune 14, 2018
No matter your age, it’s no excuse to neglect your sexual health. A healthy and sex life is just as important as maintaining physical or mental health, even though it’s not as talked-about as other forms of health. Here are some ways to help maintain or improve your sexual health.
- Watch what you eat: Your nutrition is important in regulating your body, including your sexual health. A poor diet can lead to all sorts of problems, including hypertension and unhealthy weight gain, which are all associated with erectile dysfunction.
- Watch your alcohol intake: We all love a good drink now and then, but too much drinking is a risk factor for erectile dysfunction. This doesn’t mean cutting alcohol out of your life completely – a responsible amount helps to increase blood flow, improving erectile function. Always remember not to let alcohol impair your thinking and judgement!
- Regular exercise: Regular exercise at the gym or even at home will go a long way towards maintaining your sexual health. It can reduce stress, prevent fatigue, and improve your mood considerably. It helps improve blood circulation by allowing your heart to pump faster, not to mention working out your muscles will improve your performance.
- Visit a doctor regularly: Frequent check-ups are important to ensure your health is in tip-top shape. It’s always better to catch problems at their onset before they can develop into severe complications. By knowing how your body is functioning on a regular basis, you will be able to perform at your best.
- Stay sexually active: Studies have shown that being sexually active well into one’s later years is beneficial for one’s sexual health. By keeping all parts of your body well-maintained and utilised, you will have fewer problems such as ED or other sexual hang-ups down the road.
To learn more, or to get an expert opinion on your sexual health, come visit us at Dr Hart‘s clinic and book an appointment.